Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Where The HELL did I get this Nu Groove From?


You know, people tell me a lot that I should rip all my CD’s, sell ‘em, and let the wonders of modern technology keep my music easily accessible.

Plus, think all the space I would open for hats and shoes.

WELL, THEY ARE SO DAMN WRONG.

I mean, I am backing up my CD’s, obviously. But as with photography, digital music is more easily lost, misplaced, and harder to sort. A physical CD, even one that ain’t important, can still be placed in order, and played in order.

Digital only songs, you have to wait about 3 years into a your Grand Tour before realizing, OH CRAPPE! I forgot “AAC Savoy’s Savoy Nu Groove Sampler!”

This is a small EP disc. Focuses on the mellow, some remixed  jazz classics and some St. Etienne. ( And I don’t care how dance music for old people St. Etienne can be, you DO NOT MOCK ST. ETIENNE!)

I think I grabbed it at a Housing Works street fair. CD dumpster diving is one of my favorite things.. and why I mourn the passing of Tower Records AND Virgin Megastore in NYC. Yes… there are a lot of great indie and smaller owned record shops to go to.

But swimming in row upon row of discounted CD’s for me was like being Scrooge McDuck swimming in his money. OH THE FEEL OF THEM UPON THE SKIN! OH, THE JOY OF FINDING THAT IMPORT CD FOR LOW, LOW PRICES!

Anyway.  If you see this, grab it, burn it, and then donate it to your local library or charity, and give someone else the joy of finding this nice little find.

Artist: AAC- Savoy
Album: Savoy Nu Groove Sampler
Year: 2006
Date Listened in Tour:6/20/10
Rating: ***
Best Song: Basement Boys Present Mudfoot Jone - Everthing's Gon' Be Alright

No comments:

Post a Comment